Thursday, February 26, 2009

Engineer? Why not others?

If we assume the chuck load variation to be a normal distribution with the mean value of 70 lbf and standard deviation of 3 lbf, we can then plot out a distribution load curve where the load is split to the top surface of the die and the substrate peripheral area. According to the package level Finite Element Analysis, an even top loading configuration would balance out the reaction force from the bottom and thus reduce the C4 solder joint stress level below 80% of Temp Cycle condition B. With this the Cpk of 1.33 can be achieved without inducing package reliability concern. (this is totally crap XD)

Huh? Don’t understand? Don’t worry. Neither did my boss!

My lovely readers,

I’m an engineer by profession, and I’ve been working as an engineer for >2.5 year ever since I graduated from University. Overall, being an engineer is... ok lar.

Despite my boss doesn’t understand what I’m trying to tell him most of the time;

Despite engineer actually belongs to medium-income group which we can hardly buy a small house in Penang for shelter after owning a car with 9-year installment;

Despite engineer has extremely long working hour where you can ask Putojin for supper, but he will always tell you that he is busy with his work and he has midnight meeting later.

Then why engineer? Why do I still want to be an engineer while there are so many engineers in Penang that a signboard fells would easily kill 9 engineers out of 10 people beneath?

In order to be the 10th, I’ve been thinking of career change recently. But the problem is what else I can do besides an engineer?

It was a day when I went all the way down south to search for the legendary Laksa in Parit Buntar. After I reached there, I found out that it’s actually located amidst the wooden housing estate, accessible only via a small lane. However, no signboard is needed because we can follow the crowd if we have eyes or led by the fragrance even if we are blind (provided our nose is still functioning).

When I reached there, it’d been a long queue. Because of limited space to sit, everyone was queuing to take away the food. I looked at my queue; I was the lucky number 3. I saw the first person in the queue raised his 2 fingers. Then I looked in the big laksa pot, there was still half pot of laksa soup, meaning I should be able to get my laksa before it’s finish.

However, 15mins later, the first person was still standing there until I saw the hawker passed a big plastic bag which contains 20 packets of laksa to him. Then only I realized that his 2 fingers meant 20 packets! After the first person left, the second person raised... 3 fingers!

So I ended up going home empty handed! The key learning is not about I should have gone there earlier, but it's about how abundance a hawker can earn in a day! Imagine each packet of laksa was sold at RM2, the hawker had earned RM100 within half an hour... terror ~

Furthermore, it’s SOHO concept, small office home office! No advertisement needed as the product would speak for itself when the reputation has been built up. The job has short working hour where you can spend the morning to sell your food while the rest of the day in house chores.

Seriously, I've been thinking that being a laksa hawker is indeed not a bad idea ~

Since then, being a laksa hawker had always been planted in my engineer's mind. Until last week I joined the area level international speech contest. I found out another talent that I possess! Which is... I can actually talk nonsense for 7 mins easily, like what I’m doing now, and I have to admit that I can do it quite well because audiences would be attracted and listen to my non-sense, like what you are doing right now. So I started to think what occupation would need this non-sense talking skill the most?

Perhaps you will say Astronaut? No way! RM 8000/hour of lecture fee is way too minute compared to what a... Politician... can earn!! All I have to do is to extend my 7 mins non-sense talking session to a few hours, after that I can sleep in the meeting.

Being a politician is good, other than normal monthly income, government subsidiary in car & housing, politician will also always be fed with “extra income” by doing nothing but simply talking non-sense.

Looking at the job requirement, in Malaysia, this job doesn’t need any higher education background because even a railway gate-keeper can be one (and he owned a palace before he passed away). But the most straight forward method is you can apply the job by simply marrying to another politician’s daughter, it sounds so simple, doesn't it?

Then when we talk about career growth, it’s same like working as an engineer where you can hop to another party when there is an opportunity and immediately... *dang*... you are a millionaire!

But good pay job always comes with drawbacks, else when the signboard falls, it will kill 5 laksa hawkers and 5 politicians out of 10.

If I were a laksa hawker, I might not even sell a bowl of laksa per day! Because I don’t know how to cook laksa, so end up I have to eat all the laksa myself!

If I were a politician, I would be spending one third of my time talking non-sense, another one third of my time to sleep in the meeting, and one third of my time to...
... ...
...
..
.
of course to look for hidden camera lar ~


**Just another speech of mine delivered to complete my humorously speaking manual :)


8 comments:

  1. u really can talk alot of craps!!! hahhaa love them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. conclusion: - engineer is the best?

    ReplyDelete
  3. u freak me out, dude. stress, FEA, joint, etc, stop d craps, school is so over. but undeniably, u r smart n i think u love all these, ur brain is meant to b an engineer :)

    from:
    engineer dun-wannabe

    ReplyDelete
  4. All hail the God of Birds! Nelson the politician wannabe!

    What a load of Kok talk.

    While you are over-qualified to be a politician, you sure possess the Kok-talking skill.

    Can consider, now just need to find yourself a politician's daughter, or if you still haven't gone out of your brokeback mountain preference, a politician's son.

    Hey, you know, maybe you can consider Mr A!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realise we can actually call you Cock Hoong sometimes :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. why recently all in english : )
    Sometime really tired be an engineer but what to do don know what we can do if not be engineer. PS not talented like u can talk nonstop >7min :-p

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have done reliability engineering of semiconductor advanced packaging. Your analysis is sound but does not encompass localized stress point when thermal hot spots with compression of disimilar composite ceramic expansion will induce microcracks and random lateral distortion of density profile. Laksa in Nibong Tebal is better than in Parit Buntar or Transkrian or Serdang or Kulim. BM and SP not bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. exBTM,
    Hahahaa, welcome to talk craps in this blog =)
    Where is famous Nibong Tebal laksa? show me direction :D

    ReplyDelete

大家来淫荡~
(无论什么鸟话,屁话,一律欢迎)