Friday, April 25, 2008

I love my phone... iPhone ^^

I love my iPhone.

At first, I thought it's only an iPod + call/sms capabilities. Even when I got it from the hand of the saleperson in Apple Store, Tigard, Oregon, I still think that I'd merely bought an large screen iPod coupled with 'ciplak' phone features. However, I changed my perception towards iPhone after I unlock it!

Other than the thin size body (11.6mm) which allows me to put it into my pants pocket without trace; Other than the extremely responsive touch screen which allows me to enjoy the smooth navigation; Other than the 8GB memory capacity which allows me to put in 4 videos, 250 over mp3's, ~1000 photos and still leave me 4GB free space; other than...

Wonderful themes available in the internet allows me change it everyday. Notice my name at the left upper corner. It's one of my personal favourite teabits. :)



It's a cool features that I can randomly arrange my photos display and drag/enlarge/minimize them to any way I want...



Interactive 'chat-room' style of SMS.



With 3rd party application installed, I can key-in chinese words in SMS/Email/etc using either 拼音(pinyin) or...



Handwritting... (just install this application yesterday, ugly handwritting of mine, keke)



I also can sketch on the photo taken and email to others directly.



Needless to say... it's one of the coolest function that iPhone offers! YouTube everywhere! Now, I can watch HardGay when I'm shitting.



Wonderful net surfing experience on iPhone by using Safari browser. See, I can post entry/ reply comments to my blog easily now.



Multiple webpage surfing capability allows me to read news, blogging, msn at the same time...



Google map in my iPhone... to bad that local telecommunication service doesn't allow me to perform routing, else it'll be very close to GPS system already. Szeepy, don't ask me to draw map to my house anymore, refer to this map and come to my house ya :)



With application installed, I can check all the public webcam everywhere in the world with a click. Able to check on Penang Bridge webcam easily make this application useful to me...



MSN on iPhone. There are 2 ways to MSN in iphone. I can log in MSN through iphone-msn.com or through a third party application named Apollo.



It can syncronize with my company calendar. So that I won't miss any meeting.


Checking personal email. One disadvantage is that it doesn't allow me to access company email.



Cover flow feature when I'm playing music... but not all pirated mp3 has the cover :)




Lyrics searching allows me to read the lyrics concurrently while playing mp3



And, there are many more applications out there to be explored and it's growing with the expanding user community around the world!


Of course there are a lot of disavantages of iPhone.



  1. No 3G. I have to downgrade my 3G service to GPRS. No 3G means no video call

  2. No MMS! <-- this is unacceptable X(

  3. No video recording! WTH ~

  4. Most unacceptable: terrible phone calling features. Sometimes I have to re-dial a few times to make a successful call X(

  5. Non-user replacable battery. Once it's 'kong' the phone is 'kong'
  6. Large screen consumes a lot of energy. One full battery charge can only last 1 day if I keep on surfing, playing game...

As a summary, iPhone is only powerful if it's within WiFi coverage. Without WiFi, it's only a large screen iPod + 'ciplak' phone features. But, I still love it wor ~ ^^

7 comments:

  1. Show off! =P

    Don't you just love the time when you cannot reject a call when the iPhone is locked? Either accept the call or let it ring on and on...

    A phone that cannot reject call, geng!

    Okay okay, I know you have figured out a way around it, but I just have to say this everytime you show off your iPhone.

    =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...how much they pay u for this advertisment?? ^_^

    by the way, still prefer the hand-draw map. Can't read the map here. It's too cincai lor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wuakakaa ~ Mr. Caveman, y don't you just show your true identity -- a caveman who writes blog ~

    This is not a showoff, just want to write sth worth writting in my blog so that when I read back in future, I found no regrets ma... hmm... ok lar, I admit I'm a bit show off lar :p

    Szeepy,
    really need a hand drawn map to my house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. u bought it during last US trip rite :)
    My fren wanna bought it too but she wanna wait till 3G launch..and also wait till the price drop fr $399

    ReplyDelete
  5. True true... heard that the 3G version is going to be launched in July 2008. Once it's launched, my current version will be slashed USD100 straight ~

    But I just can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah...very good phone lei...
    too good for me liao...haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks amazing.. but no 3G..

    ReplyDelete

大家来淫荡~
(无论什么鸟话,屁话,一律欢迎)